preacherman

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lectureship, God's Blessings For Your Life

First, I would like to say, this year I am not going to be going to the ACU Lectureships. I know it is sad. I wish I could, but I have responsibilities here that I must take care of and get done. Wife and boys going to school, and my health still has its limits as I am still recovering and dealing with pain and fatigue. I definitely don't want a relapse. The link if you would like more information about the ACU lectureships is: http://www.acu.edu/events/lectureship/index/html

I think I might buy Wade Hodges speech if I hear it is any good.
That is the only one I really wanted to hear anyway. So, if you get the chance to hear it let me know if it is worth the cost of a CD.

I want you to know that as Christians, God wants to bless our lives. Isn't that wonderful news? Listen to these encouraging verses from His word:

"Praise be to the God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In Christ, God has given us ever spiritual blessing in the heavenly world. That is, in Christ, he chose us before the world was made so that we would be his holy people - people without blame before him." Ephesians 1:3-4.

"The same Lord is the Lord of all and gives many blessings to all who trust him, as Scripture says, "Anyone who calls one the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:12-13.

"Every good action and perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, who does not change like their shifting shadows." James 1:17

Think about it for a moment what God has done for you:
He has provided for your needs (Matthew 6:25-34).
He has protected you from harm (Psalms 139:5).
He has adopted us as his children (Ephesians 1:5).
He has given you his name (1 John 3:1).

Countless blessing. We tend to forget all the blessings that we have in Christ Jesus and what God has done for us. So, what has God done for you lately? What blessings have you received? Do we see the blessings in our lives or do we think they come from our own achievements and accomplishments in life? Do we give God the thanks that He deserves?

My, challenge for us as Christians is for us to see the blessings before us and be greatful and thankful. Count your blessings especially during the difficult times in your life. See what God is doing and how much he loves you.

What do you think?
Share your thoughts.

22 Comments:

Blogger mmlace said...

God is, indeed, good! And it always does us good to take the time to stop and realize all He's done and thank Him for it. Thanks for the reminder.

FYI, your link to the lectureship page doesn't quite work...I believe it should be http://www.acu.edu/events/lectureship/index.html

9:36 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

mmlace,
Thanks for the link information.
I also appreciate your comments as always. God is so good!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

All true, but -

He never promises that a life following Him will be easy!

11:06 PM  
Blogger cwinwc said...

Now that is a challenge - to count your blessings in challenging times. I hope your health continues to improve.

Hey, if you can make it to the ACU Lectures I hear they have some lectures in a place called Malibu. If I make it to the Pepperdine Lectures this year it will be in 16th year in a row. If I don't I think I'll know how you're feeling.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Laymond said...

Preacherman I didn't like lectures when I was in school, I don't intend to attend if they are not mandatory:)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"lecture" sounds like something one gets after the baseball goes through livingroom window. just kidding!

i think that you are a blessing.

2:20 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

I also may get a CD of Jeff Wallings Sermon. He is going to be speaking on the last night.

8:59 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Keith,
You are so right.
The Christian walk is not easy.
But, yet God's blessings fall on us as his Children as we bless our own. How wonderful for us to think about especially during the difficult times in life. When I'm having a bad day, I think about the love of God or that God is with me, loves me, etc and I feel a little better.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Terry Laudett said...

Thanks for a good post.

9:51 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Terry,
Thanks buddy.
I appreciate your comments as always.

9:36 PM  
Blogger David Kirk said...

Preacherman:
www.acappellaradio.net is webcasting some of the lectures!

1:20 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

David,
Thank you for the information.
I greatly appreciate it.
I am going to give a listen later.

1:27 PM  
Blogger jel said...

Thanks preacherman,

hope you have a good week,

am hanging in there!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Count our many blessings! Right on preacherman. Too often we fail to do that and complain, complain, complain.

I, obviously, am not at the ACU lectures either, but wish I was!

No complaints though.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the big dilemma is that many Christians (myself included) are too busy most times to see the blessings. Thanks for the thoughtful post, brother.

3:43 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Jel,
Thanks.

5:39 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Danny,
You are so right.

5:39 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Josh,
Thanks for your comment.
I always apprciate it, brother.
I hope you have a great week.

5:40 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

I can't wait to hear Wade Hodges and Jeff Wallings sermons.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

8:29 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

8:28 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

lancel, canada goose, timberland boots, pandora charms, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, hollister, canada goose, moncler, hollister clothing store, converse, ray ban, louis vuitton, rolex watches, iphone 6 cases, oakley, juicy couture outlet, vans, karen millen, pandora jewelry, ugg, moncler, air max, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, converse shoes, gucci, ugg, louboutin, montre homme, air max, hollister, coach outlet store online, links of london, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, parajumpers, moncler, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home